Nigel Dennis Romany Surf
One of the best sea kayaks for daily use in rough conditions.
Security policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
Delivery policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
Return policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
The original kayak design from Nigel Dennis, the Romany is fast for its length (4.88m), very manoeuvrable and stable. Designed for rough water and ease of handling in the surf, the Romany is the first choice for many coaches. If you are looking for a super day or weekend sea kayak that loves to rock hop, the Romany is for you!
The original Romany and its low volume sister the Romany LV are now joined by other Romany models. If you're a larger or taller paddler, then the new Romany Excel is specifically designed for you. It's longer and faster but still with the classic Romany feel.
Like all SKUK kayaks, the Romany models come with a Kari-Tek skeg, decklines with recessed fittings, three hatches, waterproof internal bulkheads and includes a compass recess.
- Wide range of models to suit all paddlers
- A low rear deck for easy rolling
- A white water cockpit giving excellent grip and control
- Three compartments, including an offset day hatch Large round hatches for expedition gear
- Sloping rear bulkhead behind the seat, allowing the kayak to be emptied by lifting the bow (no X rescue necessary)
- Exceptional manoeuvrability, with direction stability
- Minimum weather cocking in strong winds